Directorate of the General Bureau
The word of the General Director
The General Bureau Directorate has been established in the presidency of the university since its inception in 2015, to take it upon itself to implement the directives of the President of the University directly with the decisions and circulars issued, and to deliver official books, transactions and correspondence to its various destinations as per the rules and as quickly as possible, as the Bureau Directorate in the presidency is considered a link Connecting, artery and the main nerve feeding all colleges, institutes and departments, which is concerned with following up all internal, external, paper and electronic correspondence from them, in order to update and develop and to raise the quality of administrative work and to accomplish work quickly and decent form and provide the best services at the highest levels where the computer is used professionally in all the work of the Bureau.
Vision and Mission:
The General Bureau Directorate seeks to develop and modernize through the use of the unified electronic archiving system in relation to the university presidency affairs from the convening councils, committees, laws, regulations, and instructions that operate under it, so that there are complete files for all correspondence with similar files in all concerned departments that carry the same numbers as the existing files , Bureau which facilitates work, ease of reference and speed in achievement.
The work and tasks of the General Bureau Directorate
- Receiving the mail from all internal and external authorities, storing it in the necessary files and works, recording what is issued by the university, its offices, directorates, departments, and correspondence received, and distributing the mail after signing it to the relevant authorities inside and outside the university.
- Opening incoming mail envelopes, sorting them according to the subject, and transferring them to the concerned directorate.
- Supervising the work of the departments in the General Bureau Directorate, the Photocopying and Photocopying Department and the General Archive and Public Correspondence and the movement of all papers issued and received, and following up on the application of circulars, decisions and requests and receiving special responses and answers required by the nature of work in the Directorate.
- Organizing the work related to personnel affairs, teachers and students and providing them with the necessary facilities, and applying the regulations and instructions related thereto.
- Answer official correspondence, recording and documenting it on paper and electronic form.
- Receiving the university president’s mail from official and unofficial agencies, in addition to an incoming and outgoing college, and entering it into the electronic system.
- Check the mail, marginalize it, and prepare it for the president to sign.
- Drafting the necessary or required books.
- Printing the required books.
- Collecting responses and following them up with colleges.
- Distribution of mail after signature by the President as directed.
- Photocopying books received from abroad issued by the President, according to their type, in the required number.
- Sending books to their internal and external concerned departments (paper, mail, electronic) and distributing them in the boxes according to each college and department.
- Bring stationery and any other needs from the Supplies Department, such as copiers and printers inks.
- Respond to inquiries from any authority regarding official books, know their course and where they ended.
- Sending any special papers or judicial papers informing the Bureau Directorate, whether (notices, warnings, case list, session date… etc.) to the office of the legal advisor by phone and e-mail in addition to personal contact with him to inform him.
- Initiating a proposal to send electronic copies of the mail issued to external parties where all civil service departments have been circulated in the name of a liaison officer and specify their official e-mail, to send and receive electronic copies of the mail to ensure no delay and the arrival of official books in three ways (receiving manually / fax / Email), and work is underway to receive departmental responses to start implementing the proposal.
- Covering the publications and brochures of the Bureau Directorate and sending them to external parties.
- Receiving auditors through a receptionist who responds to their inquiries and completes their transactions efficiently and as quickly as possible.
- Publish the internal circulars electronically through the e-mail (e-mail) of the employees.
- Starting the export of books, as the book information is entered into the outgoing and incoming system, preserving it, giving it serial numbers, then archiving them electronically.
- Sorting outgoing mail, where external and internal circulars, administrative decisions and official books are sorted.
- Checking the books issued in terms of the presence of attachments and signing before starting exporting, knowing that auditing is one of the tasks of the concerned directorate.
- Recording the books received on a special notebook for handing over the books to the concerned directorates in exchange for signature.
- Create a fact sheet for each incoming book, so that the incoming book data is recorded to follow the book’s progress and procedures on it.
- Receiving auditors, listening to their complaints, providing them with accurate information and working to solve their problems, in coordination with the heads of departments in the Bureau Directorate.
Functions of Director of the General Bureau
The tasks and duties assigned to the director of the Bureau Directorate as follows:
- Supervision and organization:
It includes supervision, drafting books, preparing notes, correspondence and reports (achievement), general supervision, organizing workflow and providing the deficiencies and needs needed for the Presidential Bureau.
Check the incoming mail, marginalize it, direct it, prepare it and send it to the president for signature by the university president for redistribution to the relevant authorities after installation on the electronic system and make sure to keep a copy of it with the Bureau Directorate. Implementing explanations and instructions for the university presidency regarding correspondence and following it up.
- Follow up and respond to books in the event of requesting the collection of answers or responses by colleges and departments.
- Responding to inquiries by senior management and auditors.
- Receiving and directing the auditors, according to the field requirements.
Drafting books and decisions, preparing correspondences for the president of the university, and printing them, whether the books required by the university president or required to be answered by the official authorities.
- Preparing notes and reports for the department to accomplish or work obstacles.
- Issuing and following up the completed daily work reports.
Tasks of the General Bureau Directorate staff
- Receiving and distributing external mail according to the destination.
- Keeping the records of the general outgoing mail by the president and inserting it into the electronic system in addition to saving all papers and extracting them when needed.
- Maintaining internal and external incoming mail records and entering it on the electronic system with archiving and extracting priorities upon request.
- Respond to inquiries regarding official books (track of books and where they ended).
- Sending outgoing mail to all colleges and external and internal institutions.
- Sending urgent mail by e-mail, internal delegates (by hand) and via WhatsApp.
- Photocopying books received from abroad issued by the president, according to their type, in the required number.
- Distribution of mail after signature by the President as directed.
- Securing mail for the concerned authorities.
- Inform the legal advisor of any judicial papers.
- The vacancy is subject to direct supervision by the Chief of Staff.
Departments and divisions of the General Bureau Directorate
1- Department of Automation:
It includes the Internal Automation Division and the General Automation Division. It is the responsibility of the Internal and General Automation Divisions to enter all books incoming and outgoing, both internal and external, manually and electronically on the electronic system (paper, email, fax, scanner). And organizing the entry of all data related to electronic references on official social networking sites and the introduction of internal and external issued books on the electronic system (paper, scanner, email, fax), and coordination with the General Archive Department is to be a complete coordination between paper and electronics with consideration to the separation between the internal system of automation The general system that includes everything related to university affairs, including student, employee, and other entries.
2- Incoming and Outgoing Department:
It includes receiving the incoming and outgoing papers and sending them to their owners through the General Correspondence Department after indicating acceptance or rejection or giving notes to the university president and then saving files, works and manual records, and coordination is done with the automation department to be organized according to the electronic archiving system (issuing electronic reports and scanners).
3- Photocopying and Photocopying Department:
It includes the permanent photography division, which includes copies and photocopying of all transactions and special paper books in the work of the Bureau Directorate, directorates, departments and offices of the university presidency. And the permanent photography division, which includes copying and copying books and annual and monthly papers to supply all branches, departments and colleges with them in coordination with the Department of Automation.
4- General Communication Department:
It includes three divisions (electronic, internal and external correspondence) that are incumbent upon them to receive papers and books prepared through the incoming and outgoing department, in addition to incoming and outgoing electronic books and papers issued by the Idlib University branches, colleges, institutes affiliated to them, and departments in coordination with the Automation Department.
5- General Archives Department:
The permanent and changing archives division includes them to receive papers and books from the General Correspondence Department and organize them according to special works divided into all their annual and monthly details and distributed according to the separation between the internal and external offices, colleges, institutes and branches of the University of Idlib and coordination with the Department of Automation to be organized electronically according to the technological system, And data entry in the database in the automation department. Paper documents are destroyed every 5 years, or as determined by the university presidency through a committee formed at that time.
- General news
Idlib University and Novel Global Community Educational Foundation Sign MoU for Academic Collaboration
Idlib University and Novel Global Community Educational Foundation Sign MoU for Academic Collaboration On April, 26th, Idlib University and Novel Global Community Educational Foundation (NGCEF) signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) aimed at fostering academic…Read More »